Don't normally post on a Thursday, but I just wanted to say thanks to Sara Bulla at the excellent Live to Write...Edit when Necessary for passing on this award. I'm surprised and honoured! Thank you for thinking of little me, Sara.
There's a few rules going along with the award, as follows:
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow
bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.(or 5 like me - you will not be
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the
same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of
information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a
comment on each of their blogs.
So without further ado, here's seven things about me you'll wish you'd never known...
1. At age two, I almost died due to severe asthma.
2. In the early to mid nineties, I was a member of the official Red Dwarf Fan Club and had several letters printed in their magazine. If you're not familiar with the genius of the Dwarf, check out the link. Yes, I was proud to be a smeghead... after all, better smeg than dead.
3. When I was about eight, my parents called the police because I went missing. I'd wandered far from home in search of a copy of the Beano, which wasn't at my local newsagents or any other shop I tried. Turned out, it was a day late that week.
4. I was quite into drama when I was younger, starting to write plays at age ten. At High School, I was in the Drama Club and we put on shows every Christmas, Easter and summer, which we wrote, directed, performed in and made costumes for. I also formed a comedy duo with a friend and we devised a sketch show.
5. When I was six, a stag beetle landed on my neck. Might not sound dramatic, but these mothers are gigantic, especially to a small child, with very intimidating horns (hence the name). I thought an alien was trying to eat me, and just stood and screamed until my dad got rid of it. (I don't know what he did with it).
6. In Australia, when I was 21, I was spending the night on a beach (don't remember where) when I was propositioned by a man. I managed to politely rebuff his advances before things went any further. Possibly slightly more scary than the stag beetle.
7. My Grandpa played the flute on the soundtrack to the hit musical Oliver!, among many other movies.
Now that I've got those out there, it's time to nominate some other cool bloggers to receive the award. Some of these will already have it, but it seems to be commonplace for people to get the award more than once, so I'm just going to nominate those I think deserve a shout.
1. Nicola Morgan @ Help! I Need a Publisher!
2. Trisha @ WORD + STUFF
3. DRC @ WTF's Writing Thrilling Fiction
4. Martin Willoughby @ From Sand to Glass
5. Lynda R Young @ W.I.P. It
6. Amanda Borenstadt @ A Fortnight of Mustard
7. Chantele Sedgwick @ My Writing Bug
8. Ro Goodman @ Ro-alwaysinspired
9. Justine Dell
10. Laura Louise Cox @ In This Box of Goodies
11. Nancy S Thompson
12. Mark Noce @ Mark Noce Stories
13. Elizabeth Poole @ Myself, Without the Shell
14. Jayne Ferst @ A Novice Novelist
15. Melissa Ann Goodwin @ Writer on the Road
So there you go! Congrats to all. I'll be round to comment on all your blogs as soon as. Cheers! :o)